Coal Augering Services (CAS) offers a complete contract auger mining service employing the highest capacity equipment and most experienced auger mining personnel in the world. Due to extensive auger mining opportunities in Australia, we are presently in the process of expanding our operations and require experienced auger operators for our AM1500 auger miner. Auger Operators with the following attributes are encouraged to apply.
Ability to multi focus at all times throughout shift
- Strong safety focus.
- Willingness to work and, preferably, live in the Bowen Basin, Central Queensland.
- Good machinery operational and awareness skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good conceptual skills (i.e. ability to visualise)
- Good team player
- Good communication skills
- Great attitude and work ethic
- Leadership skills
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Strong literacy skills
- Generic Coal Surface Induction (Standard 11)
- Coal Board Medical
- Documented experience in the operation of coal auger machines in Australia or elsewhere
- Ability to train and pass Australian national Competencies for the operation of an Auger Machine and current or past competencies for the support equipment, such as Excavator, Front End Loader, Stacker etc.
- Ability to undergo supervisor training, or hold current Supervisor competencies
- Candidates will undergo a 3 month probationary period
- Generous hourly rate
- Tonnage bonus
- Assistance with travel and accommodation depending on circumstances
The working roster will vary according to contracts.
If you possess these essential personal skills and would be interested in joining the CAS team as a critical member to help us develop and expand our business, please email your resume and cover letter outlining your experience to